Monday 28 May 2012

King Joshua and King Brandon

Finally summer has arrived and the boys have spent just about every waking minute of the weekend in their paddling pool (covered in factor 50 sun cream). They are at that wonderful age where they have no hang-ups with their bodies and are more than happy to play as nudey boys in the garden. In fact they were even jumping up and down on the trampoline talking to the lady next door explaining that they were nudey boys!

I even dug out the old inflatables from our holiday in Spain last year and the boys absolutely loved playing pirates. However next weekend we will have a much more significant blog update on inflatables with the official launch of the HMS Wick.

Captain Joshua taking to the rough sea's at the Wick.



The weekend was pretty full on for the boys what with Mia's party, football, clubs, swimming, the heat in general and all the physical activity in the garden. By Sunday evening they were pooped out and decided to have some R&R in their boats whilst I cooked up the BBQ.

The boys chillaxing in their boats.

A tired Brandon napping in his Barcelona boat from Spain.

Joshua curled up and thumb in mouth, a sure sign he is tired.
However the boys tiredness from the weekend was nothing compared with how I felt at the end of a 26 mile run on a very hot day last Wednesday. I got home and pretty much just died in the front garden whilst the boys found it most amusing to throw cold jugs of water over me - man did they feel nice though. Comedian Brandon was chuckling away as he launched jug after jug. Speaking of Brandon being a comedian, yesterday we was at the table talking about hair colour and I asked him what colour my hair was. The response was white and brown!!!!!!!!!


One change I have noticed with Joshua recently is the level of conversation you can have with him and also the emotional or spontaneous things he says without any prompt. He's a very affectionate lad and will always tell you he loves you. When I leave for work in the morning he will stand at the front door and as I leave shouts something like "have a good day!". Then when I come home he will enquire about whether I have been busy, did I run or cycle, how many miles did I do etc.etc. Its really nice that the conversations are becoming two way and he is asking about your day the same way I ask him how his day has been.

Anyway finally for today it is now only one week until the Queens Diamond Jubilee and preparations are going slow. Surely the Queen will give up the reign soon and the question then becomes "Who will take to the thrown?". Will it be King Joshua the 1st, or King Brandon the 1st?

King Joshua the 1st ready for his reign.

Strong competition from the people favourite, King Brandon the 1st.

No comments: