Saturday 18 May 2013

Straw Tractor

Poor little Joshua is starting to let out his emotions regarding the passing of his Nan a week ago today. Earlier this week we noticed he had drawn a sad face that was crying on his easel. We asked him about it and he said he had drawn it because he felt sad. However even worse that that was last night during our bedtime story. I read him the Hospice book about the Bugs and Dragonflies and when we got to the end and read out the prayer he just bust out crying. He kept saying that he didn't want Nan to die and that he missed her and that I no longer had a Mum. Just as I was starting to get to grips with my own emotions, Joshua brought them all flooding back and had me in tears with him. In he end Tina ended up sleeping with him for about an hour to try and settle him. She even tried to cheer him up by talking about the baby and he commented that the baby won't get to meet Nanny and all will miss out on all the things she buys for the boys.
 
Fortunately today he has been much better and despite at first not wanting to go to football club this morning I dragged him along to get his mind off of things and he had a good time and did really well. After football we noticed that Barleylands had set up this impressive straw tractor ready for tractor week during half term. Joshua jumped at the chance for a photo opportunity but Brandon was not so keen and stayed tucked up in the car.
 
Joshua posing on the straw tractor.

That's a heavy load.

Joshua knows me all too well and driving home he asked if I would put the pictures on the blog!
 
To finish today's blog update I would like to mention a couple of quirky little expressions that me and the boys seem to use a lot lately:
 
Man Pudding: This one is more for me and Joshua and refers to our favourite pudding which just so happens to be rice pudding with a splodge of jam in the middle. Brandon currently doesn't like rice pudding which suits me and Joshua down to the ground as we get to share a whole tin between the two of us..
 
Bat Phone: Both boys are trained so that when my telephone starts ringing they promptly respond by saying, "Dad, it's that bat phone!" - how cool is that?
 
Share The Love: Finally is our expression "Share The Love" which I think I have mentioned before. Basically if one of us has a treat like some chocolate or crisps etc we will ask the other to "share the love" meaning let me have some. It is so funny hearing the boys saying "share the love Daddy!".

No comments: