Sunday 2 April 2017

Garden Jacuzzi Spa

This weekend I decided to treat myself to an early birthday present and had a bit of an impulse buy on a Intex 4-6 person octagonal inflatable spa! I have been looking for a few weeks now and since leaving the David Lloyd a few years back I do miss my Jacuzzis. With all the training that I do I just figured that be able to jump in a nice 40 degree hot tub would be a really nice way to relax and unwind when I get home from work. Of course when we saw this one they were equally as persuasive and wanted to get one more than me. So Tina really didn't have much of a say in it.
 
Anyway we rushed it home Saturday evening to get it set-up as soon as possible and hopefully in use by Sunday.  Unfortunately we had a small hole in the inflatable top cover lid so Tina and Holly went and exchanged that whilst me and the boys filled the hot tub up. By about 7 o'clock we was all set-up and the chemicals were put into the 900 litres of water that it holds (hope my hand built decking is strong enough to hold it!). Unfortunately you have to overload the chlorine on the first fill and then wait circa 24 hours for it to drop down to a safe level. Further more the initial water temp was about 13 degrees at it heats up at about 2 degrees an hour which isn't a problem when you have to wait for the Chlorine levels to drop anyway!!! Finally after constant nagging from the kids all day Sunday to repetitively do chemical tests and find out if the spa was ready, I managed to give them the green light at about 5 o'clock today.
 
Since giving the green light the kids have hardly been out of it and in fact I even had to go and get the little garden TV out so that they could watch the Voice and Top Gear from the comfort and warmth of a hot tub. The spa really does look the part under the gazebo with the lights on and I can see us spending a lot of time out here throughout the summer months.
 
All smiles as the kids get the green light to try out our jacuzzi for the first time.
 
Joshua managed to get a dab in to a picture.
Just chilling in nice 38 degree water on a lovely spring day. Just beautiful. PS That's not my windy bum making the bubbles, but the 120 water jets.

I hope Joshua isn't about to pick something to leave in the water! Better hope the pump and filter work well!!!

Tina, Josh and Brandon relaxing under the lights of the gazebo with the little garden TV on.

The jacuzzi is plenty big enough for all of us at the moment. Although today the maximum we have had in there at any one point is 4 people.
 
Joshua being silly.
Thumbs up for watching TV in a hot tub.

Night draws in, the temperature starts to drop - but we are still out in the garden chilling and keeping lovely and toasty. God help me when the next electric bill comes in!!!!!!!!!

No comments: