Wednesday 13 April 2022

50th Birthday Day Out @ Thorpe Park

Yesterday was my BIG 50th birthday which I have really being looking forward too a lot. I still find it really hard to believe I am half a century old and certainly don't feel like a balding, grey, fifty year old man. To be honest I am not really sure where the years went, it almost seems like you finish school, leave home, buy a house, have kids and BANG, suddenly you are fifty!

To celebrate the day we decided on a rather impromptu visit to Thorpe Park as we haven't been in donkey's. Plus we figured it was a bit more conditioning and preperation for the kids when we go to Florida later this year. We had an absolute blast of a day, the weather was kind to us and all three kids were completely pooped and napping in the car on the way home.

We managed to go on every single ride except for Saw which always seemed to be about 50 mins long and we just couldn't be bothered as it is very similar to Rage in Southend anyway. We made the mistake of doing some of the water rides early in the day and then spent the rest of the day walking around wet! Brandon was hilarious on the Ghost Train ride as one of the actors scared the living Jesus out of him resulting belting out a lot of profanities and expletives at the said individual!!!

Unfortunately Holly is just under 1.4m tall and couldn't go on all of the bigger rides. But she seemed to get chatting to other girls on the smaller rides and making new friends, then just staying on that ride for about 10 times back to back (I am not exaggerating here - I think the Banana Boat ride she went on at least 15 times!). So most of the day we had t split up with one of us off with the boys and one of us with Holly. There were a few rides which we could all go on, such as the Rumba Rapids.

Anyway it was certainly something different to do for my birthday and I got to spend it with my nearest and dearest. It is a tough call to pick my favourite ride but I think it has to be Stealth purely becuase of the speed and height. 

When we eventually got home I finally got to open some presents and was pleasantly surprised to find a nice bottle of Peaky Blinders run from Nicky. So once the kids were all in bed I managed to finally settle down and chill with a couple of rather nice rum and cokes.


So I wrote "Fifty is the new Thirty" - Brandon subsequently changed this to "Fifty is the new Eighty!!".

Presents from the family, mostly more gym equipment. Perfect.

How is that even possible?

Water rides to start the day off at Thorpe Park.

Josh won the race and lightweight Holly came in last.

But Tina travelled the furthest.

This was all smiles until we all got completely soaked (even my phone - woops).

Going up and still smiling - none of us knew just how wet we were about to get.

Once already soaked the boys thought it would be fun to take the splash head on from the bridge. Holly made a run for it.

This ride was the only disappointment of the day purely because it took nearly an hour wait due to being really poorly run. It is a shame as we all actually enjoyed the ride.

Me and the boys about to board Nemesis Inferno.

Holly chuckled all the way around Rumba Rapids and found it hilarious when we were all getting sprayed and splashed.

Josh and Brandon looking all cool.

My two ladies.

Holly chuckling as Josh gets a splashing.

Brandon evading getting wet.

Holly and Tina on the Angry Bird bumper cars.

Holly hasn't grasped the concept of no head-on collisions.

Is there one or two Angry Birds in this picture :).

This is the Banana Boat which Holly made some friends on and then rode it about 15 times.

Always up for a pose.

Some Tea Cups for H whilst Tina and the boys are off on some thrill rides.

Holly on the Flying Fish roller coaster.

Spending my 50th with my nearest and dearest at Thorpe Park.













Time to wind down after a long day with  a Peaky Rum in my new "Holy 'Emoji Shit' I'm 50" glass thanks to Nicky.

 

No comments: