Wednesday 26 May 2010

Day 5 - Robinhill

Well Day 5 saw is head inland for a change as we drove up to Robinhill park. For those that do not know, Robinhill is a sister park to Blackgang Chine and from my perspective is a little diamond in the crown for the Isle of Wight. We bought saver tickets which enabled us entry into both parks for an unlimited period within 7 days of purchase - this paid dividends as you will see when I eventually get to Day 8. Personally I think Robinhill is much better than Blackgang for several reasons - the woodland area is absolutely stunning, the park is cleaner and laid out better and certainly more for the little ones to do.

The first thing we did at Robinhill was to take the boys onto the "Moo Train". All in all I think we have been on this ride about 6 times!!! The boys loved spotting the various moo cows as the train went around the track and particularly like the Wayne Moo-ney cow kicking the football.




Here is Wayne Moo-ney

Mummy with her boys - and a big moo cow with lip implants!

After the train we found this wooden maze which me and Joshua ventured into with the guidance of Tina and Brandon to help us find our way out. Once in there we found the rather stunning looking peacocks and so I ran back to grab Brandon as well so that he could get up close to some wildlife.



We then stumbled across a miniature sized village - kind of like the opposite to "Honey I Shrunk The Kids". Below was the school building, what a great opportunity to get the boys in practice.

So in we go and it is time for there first lecture - now who should I throw the chalk board cleaner at????

Joshua thought my teaching style was a bit outdated and fancied being the teacher himself.

Brandon decided to leave us to it and abandoned the mini-school to explore some other buildings.


Joshua decided to test his strength against the old man in a good old traditional tug-of-war. No chance boy!

Note to self - when you see child size rabbit runs that your child is scared to enter, don't climb in yourself to encourage them like I did. What a dumb idea. I ended up spending the next 15 mins shuffling through a maze of rabbit runs on my backside whilst smashing my head on the roofs. All this just to entertain my son who found this experience hilarious.

OK so its not a real gorilla, but this was an interesting African themed play park which both boys (and Dad) enjoyed playing on.

Brandon on the baby swing.............

And Joshua trying out a big boys swing for the first time..........

Joshua is getting very confident with his foot positions on cargo nets and other rope based climbing frames.

Remember I told you the woodland scenery was stunning. Well check out these next two pictures. If only this was my back garden.


Below is a huge tree carving located in Robinhill. Its a world record carvings for the tallest tree carving in the world. Obviously the picture only shows a small part of it.

One of the main highlights of the holiday for me and I am sure it was for Joshua. These next pictures are taken from the bottom of the toboggan run. I had to blag Joshua as being over 3 to get him on this ride but it was well worth it. I think we ended up coming down the course 4 times in total. The toboggan gets pretty fast in places and at time I thought we were losing it slightly and started to apply the brakes. Joshua was not impressed with this and was shouting "faster", "faster" as he pushed against my hands to release the brake!


Later n the day whilst strolling through the woods we also stumbled across these cool looking wooden diggers and dumpers. I often read Joshua a book on diggers and dumpers so he is pretty into these at the moment.


Joshua explaining to Brandon about the heavy load in the dumper.

And finally both boys playing in the tractor. "Tractor" is another of Brandon's new words.

Day 6 takes us to the furthest point of the Isle of Wight to the infamous Needles in Allum Bay. Read more tomorrow.

No comments: