Tuesday 14 October 2014

FA Level 1 Coach

A little behind on blog updates lately as I have been very, very busy with work and preparing for this weekend’s marathon plus Joshua’s forthcoming birthday. The last two weekends have been a complete blur as I have been completing my FA Level 1 football coaching qualification. I have often written on the blog about just how much having children changes you as an individual, but who would have thought 7 years ago that I would become an FA certified football coach with my complete lack of interest in football!!!! One thing that did come from the course is that I am firmer on Joshua compared with the other lads because he is my son. However I need to drill this out of my coaching and treat them all equal without worrying that other parents may think I show bias towards my own. Having completed the course I am really looking forward to training this Saturday to try out some of the new stuff and then Sunday after my marathon the boys have their 3rd league game of the season, can they keep their undefeated record intact against yet another Lions team???
 
Finally I am a qualified FA Level 1 coach for my fantastic group of Tigers.
 
Brandon’s U6’s football appears to be in complete chaos and I really feel for the little guy. Arguably he shows more potential of being a footballer than Joshua ever will, but due to the coaching/set-up he is not being given the same level of coaching and development. Our U7’s were playing friendlies by this time last year and to be honest the U6’s are nowhere near ready. I only wish their training times didn’t clash as I would happily go and help coach Brandon’s session once I finish with U7’s earlier class on a Saturday. However the U6’s moved their start time forward this season which means this is no longer an option. It is that bad that Tina has now volunteered to help start arranging friendly games for the boys with some of the other local clubs (surely the coach/manager should be doing that job!!!!).
Apart from his football, Brandon is doing very well at school and last Thursday he was awarded star of the day (although I am still not 100% sure why he got star of the day).

Well done to Little B for Star of the day at school.
 
Staying with the "Star of the......." theme both boys have been going to an after school sports club on a Tuesday evening. Anyway this week Joshua was awarded the "Star of the week" for his performance.
 
Well done to Joshua for Star of the week at after school sports club.
 
Holly is getting very inquisitive about everything these days. She is starting to really play with toys now and happily sits there inserting balls/shapes into holes etc. She zips around the house either crawling or on her feet wherever there is something she can pull herself up and hold on to. Last night I was cooking dinner and had the freezer door open and she darted over to see what was going on. Then she repeatedly kept touching the freezer door/draws and you could see she was trying to figure out why it felt cold (really funny). It is also funny watching her try and mimic things that the two boys do from time to time. For example at the dinner table she will look across and see them make a sound or do something with their arms, so she will try and copy.

Holly getting around on her feet and exploring under the dinner table.

Peek-a-boo.
 

No comments: