Tuesday 21 October 2014

Stage 4 Reading for Brandon

Very well done to Brandon who moves up to Stage 4 with his reading this week. The stage 3 was getting far too easy for him and he needed something more challenging. It will be interesting to see what his teachers say at the parents evening tomorrow.

Brandon proudly shows his first Stage 4 reading book "The Balloon".
 
The weekend just gone was a complete blur for me. Saturday involved celebrating Joshua's birthday, going football training, out for lunch, and then a gymnastics party in the afternoon. Sunday wasn't any better as I was up early to head in to Chelmsford to compete in the 1st ever Chelmsford Marathon. The course was pretty tough, multi terrain and measured incorrectly as it was 1/2 mile longer than the conventional 26.2m. I was really hoping for a time of 3:15 but could only manage a respectable 3:20 which left me in a very respectable 41st place. These events are hard, but I think it is so good for the kids to see their Dad racing/competing and winning medals. Lead by example.
 

Joshua and Brandon enjoy getting sweaty at Zac's gymnastic birthday party on the same day that it was Joshua's actual birthday.

 
So with the marathon out of the way mos people wold probably spend the rest of the day eating, drinking and relaxing. Not me. Instead I had to dash straight from the marathon over to Barlyelands (without so much as a shower or getting changed) as my Under 7 Tigers had a 3 o'clock kick-off. Fortunately I have a great bunch of parents who recognised I was in bad shape and set-up the pitch for me and got the boys all warmed up. So all I had to do was manager the team from the sideline. As it happened to boys made my life very easy as they played a stunning game with some great passing moves, eventually going on to win a very easy 9-1. I chose Joshua to be captain as it was his birthday weekend and so he got to wear the honourable John Terry England captains armband.


Showing the boys how it is done as I complete Chelmsford Marathon in a PB time of 3 hr 20 min finishing 41st place.

Another medal to try and keep up with the number that the two boys seem to be winning lately!
 

Inspired after watching me run a marathon, Joshua captained his team to a 9-1 win against Thundersley Rovers Lions.
Joshua making a move against Thundersley Rovers.

No comments: