Wednesday 1 October 2014

Great Fire of London

Over the last couple of years the boys have been taught various themed subjects during each school term but to be honest we never really get to hear to much about what they learn. However this term they have been learning all about London and in particular the Great Fire of London. Both Joshua and Brandon seem to be taking it all in and are coming home with loads of facts which are putting my general knowledge to shame (I know my brothers and sisters won't be surprised by that statement!!!). Unfortunately my memory doesn't go back some 35+ years so I have been re-learning all about Baker Street, Samuel Pepys, 1666, the plague etc.etc. I guess this will be a trend for the future where I need to start brushing up on the school syllabus to keep up with the boys and to be able to help them with homework, can't wait till they start learning to solve quadratic equations, Fourier analysis and stuff like that which I am good at.
 
One of Joshua's picture depicting the Great Fire of London.
I have even had to re-learn the old "London's burning, London's burning, fetch the engine............" nursery rhyme. Not quite Korn or Metallica.

Another nice picture by Joshua of a footballer. No.10 so could be Messi. Like the detail of the studs on the boots.

No comments: