Thursday 30 October 2014

Pumpkin Carving 101

With Holly's first Halloween fastly approaching, me and the boys have spent some time today carving our pumpkins ready for tomorrow. It was really nice to just sit down with the boys whilst all 3 of us just got on with our own pumpkins. Normally I have to sit there and help them both often leaving my own pumpkin until late in the evening when they are tucked up in bed. This year they were old enough and wise enough to be trusted with the pumpkin tools and just get on with their own designs. Brandon even drew his design out on a paper plan before setting to work (like father like son). Joshua ended up with two pumpkins as the boys both had a day at Wizz Kids today for a Halloween Party event and he carved another pumpkin whilst he was there. For some reason Brandon didn't want to do one as he had his pumpkin at home.
 
Josh and Brandon set to work on their pumpkin carvings.

Joshua concentrating hard on his pumpkin.

Brandon following his design which he planned out on paper.

So nice to all sit down and get on with our own pumpkins.

The boys finished designs. My only contribution to these was cutting the top off and gutting them for the boys,

The boys also enjoyed watching me carving a pumpkin, as I previously said I usually do it late at night when they are in bed. I think they were quite impressed with the skill and technique. I let them pick the theme for my pumpkin and they wanted something to do with London as they have been learning a lot about the great fire of London and Guy Fawkes in school. So my design for this year is the London skyline. I only hope next year they are studying something at school that makes for a slightly easier pumpkin!!!

St.Paul's, Tower Bridge and the Gherkin.

Parliament and Big Ben.

The Millennium Wheel.

No comments: