Saturday 25 February 2012

No.1 Best Seller

For this blog update I am going to completely, unashamedly blow my own trumpet. Never have I been prouder of my blog than I am today. Why am I so proud? Well it is because the 1st Volume has been published to hard back book to treasure for eternity, and in my opinion it is a No.1 best seller and is as valuable to me as my own wedding album. The book makes for a fascinating read and will be absolutely invaluable when it comes to sharing the boys early years and memories with them. The plan will be to hand the boys the complete set of hard back books at some point in the future (assuming I can part with them).

Volume.1 published to hard back book, absolutely stunning!

The English and grammar may not be top notch, but who would have thought this blog would still be going after nearly 5 years ago and over 560 blogs? The 1st Volume is an amazing 340 pages thick with 1,500 pictures and yet only covers the period from Aug 2007 to May 2009. Already the blog is large enough to compile a further 2 volumes each of around another 300 pages each! So just as soon as I get some spare cash I will for sure be ordering the next instalment. If you had of asked me 5 years ago to write you a 900 page book with thousands of pictures, I probably would have told you where to go. I didn't even put this much work into my Masters degree dicitation.

The pages look stunning with all the pictures and text laid out beautifully.

I know the boys are not supposed to see the books for many years to come, but I couldn't help sharing Volume 1 with them already.

Amazingly the boys loved looking at all the old pictures. I think even they were surprised to see baby pictures of themselves in moses baskets, or learning to crawl etc.


This picture needs duplicating in about 20 years time or so (or when ever I decide to hand over the complete set of books over to the boys). However Joshua and Brandon will no longer be boys, but young men ready to take on the world.
The hard back book also includes every comment that has been left on the blog and some of them are just amazing and make it so much more personal. I would like to encourage readers to leave more comments as it will make future volumes of the blog so much more meaningful.

2 comments:

Auntie Lisa said...

Such a fantastic idea Jay and I know the boys will cherish the hard work that has gone into the blog. Well done

Auntie Lisa said...

I am sure the boys will treasure the blog and books. It is such a lovely gift for them. Can't wait to have a flick through. Well Done, Lisa