Tuesday 26 June 2012

Pirates Of The Carribasildon

I am continually looking for new parks or places to take the boys of a weekend. This last weekend Tina had to go to the dentist and so to kill some time I took the boys to this rather cool Pirate Ship park tucked away in the middle of suburban Basildon. With the blue skies and the sand ground you could almost imagine you were on a pirate ship in the Caribbean. I know I have said it before, but I wish the parks were this cool when I was a young lad. 

Move over Jack Sparrow, there are some new pirates in town. 


We are sinking, man the lifeboats.

Brandon is still under 1m tall and couldn't quite see out of the port hole.

Future tough guy in the making here as Joshua tackles the rope climb all on his own.

The spinning cup - this was actually our life boat as the pirate ship was sinking.

Brandon climbing aboard the sinking ship.

Now that's what a call a slide. How cool.

And this has got to be one of the ultimate swings. I managed to get Joshua spinning pretty rapidly on this one.

The boys climbing into the gold mine. The bucket and chain hoist was their cement mixer.

Up comes the first bucket of cement.

Brandon took on the task of ensuring the cement flowed down the pipe.

The gold mine slide.

Joshua climbing the ships lookout tower. I think this is the highest he has ever climbed on his own. I was a bit nervous to say the least watching him come back down.

No comments: