Tuesday 19 June 2012

Tuna & Pasta Bake

Today we participated in our first open evening at Abacus Primary school ahead of Joshua starting there this September. It was a very interesting evening albeit a little rushed as everyone was keen to get back and watch the England football game. The thing that surprised me the most (in a good way) is the amount of parental involvement that schools expect these days. I have to say that I think I am looking forward to it as much as Joshua. We already have a few family bits of homework to firstly prepare a collage to go in his Leraning Journal and to also prepare some stuff ahead of the fortcoming home visit.

We also got to sample some of the school dinners this evening and I have to say they have improved massively since I was at school. What ever happened to spam fritters and pink custard. The menu today had some very nice meals including tuna/pasta bakes, lasagna's, chicken curry, healthy pizza etc.etc. Brandon was happy as he found a big pot of sausages and therefore just tucked into them. Joshua was a bit more adventurous and really enjoyed the tuna and pasta bake. So next week I am going to make one for dinner and see if we can get Brandon eating it as well.

No comments: