Friday 4 October 2013

Track Running

On the eve of my biggest ever physical challenge - a mere 75 mile run over 2 days around the Essex marshland, it is nice to see that the two boys are showing a keen interest in running / athletics. We take them to the Sporting Village every Tuesday for their swimming lessons and just lately I have been making sure we wear running shoes that that after swimming we can get out on the running track and do a quick lap. Both boys can easily manage a 400m lap, but seem to prefer doing a Usain up the 100m straight or even playing in the steeple chase jump!
 
Brandon charging down the 100m straight.
Joshua coming around the final bend on his 400m lap. Looking strong.
 
And Little B leads Joshua to the finish of the 100m sprint (he did have a slight head start!).
 Both boys are looking forward to dropping me off at the start line tomorrow and then meeting me 7 hours later at the finish. Brandon has been giving me lots of tips about speed walking when I stop for food/drink breaks so that I can finish quicker.
 

No comments: