Tuesday 15 October 2013

Wickford Beaver Scouts


I try my hardest not to push the boys into doing anything they do not want too, but one club I have been dead keen on getting them involved in is Beaver Scouts. I always feel I missed out on something in my youth by not being a scout and it something that always appealed to me. So for that reason I have been pushing Joshua for about 6 months to finally join our local Beaver Scout group.

Anyway last night when I got in from work Joshua asked me to take him to Beaver Scouts off his own accord (I had completely forgotten about it). Needless to say I was pleased with his enthusiasm and didn't hesitate to run him over to the 1st Wickford Scout group. At first he got there and went all shy like normal and said he didn't want to join in. Then he realised there were a few of his friends from Abacus there and he was off. They started by playing a little relay game and then after that stopped for a drink and snack. Then the second half of the session they were decorating biscuits with icing. He seemed to really enjoy himself.

Joshua seems keen to go back for more which is good news. It sounds like in 2 weeks time they will be doing archery and having a Halloween party. They also encourage the boys to bring their younger siblings to the parties so we can start to get Brandon involved as well. There was also talk about a potential sleep over in Wat Tyler or somewhere later in the year!!! Can't believe my boy could be having his first sleep over at the age of just 6!!!!


The two boys social life and clubs is starting to get a bit overwhelming already. Monday morning they both have dodge ball club before school, Monday night is now Beavers, Tuesday night is swimming club, Friday night is Brandon's karate and Saturday morning is both their football clubs! Given that I have bought Joshua a golf set for his birthday then I guess golf lessons will also soon be added to the list. I am really starting to understanding the meaning of "Dad's Taxi Service"!

No comments: