Wednesday 31 October 2018

Pumpkin Carving Halloween 2018

After visiting the pumpkin patch a week or two ago, we had plenty of pumpkins knocking around the house for the kiddies to carve and with me recently having had a hernia operation and being off of work, I had loads of free time to help them. Holly and Brandon did most of the scooping out and preparing of their pumpkins and then I carved the pattern which they both chose. Holly wanted a unicorn and Brandon wanted a Llama (which is apparently something from Fortnite). Holly then wanted to paint her unicorn pumpkin and if you ask me did a pretty amazing job.

Joshua has been busy with clubs this week and so I prepared his pumpkin and stencilled on his werewolf pattern, then he did about 75% of the carving himself. I have to say he has done a pretty good job of the carving and when lit up the werewolf does look pretty cool. I reckon only a couple more years and I won't be needed anymore for helping with the pumpkins as the kids will all be more than capable of doing them on their own.

For my own pumpkin design this year I chose to make an owl which was one of my Mum's favourite animals. To make this a bit more interesting and challenging I dried out the seeds and then glued them to the pumpkin to make the owl eyes and the owl wings. I think it came out pretty good in the end and the kids were well impressed.

Holly scooping out the guts of her pumpkin.

Felt tip pen design work on the inside!!!!!

This was cute as Holly got one of her dolls and helped her doll to draw on the pumpkin like a little baby.

Once I had carved Holly's unicorn she set to work with the acrylic paints to add some colour.

Concentrating hard and doing a wonderful job.

Holly's finished Unicorn pumpkin. About as scary as Brandon's llama!

Brandon also got this small white pumpkin which he painted his hamsters name on.

Joshua did most of the carving on his pumpkin for the first time.

I think he regretted picking a quite difficult werewolf pattern which took quite a bit of time to carve.

Holly's unicorn all lit up (before painting).

My owl pumpkin lit up.

With the flash on you can see the seed eyes and wings better.

Brandon's really spooky and scary Fortnite llama.

I have to say Joshua has done a pretty amazing job and his werewolf looks really cool.

Holly's painted unicorn.

All our pumpkins lit up and ready for Halloween.

I think out of the 4 of them, all 4 kids beat me this year.

No comments: