Saturday 20 July 2013

Summer Fair

So the first official day of the school holidays and I am knackered already. It has nothing to do with running 13 miles and cycling 14 miles yesterday - but more to do with being run ragged by two little urchins all day long. After the usual Saturday morning rush to get breakfast done, a bit of housework and then make it out of the door in time for football club, we decided today might be a good idea to sleep in the tent in the back garden. So despite the comforts of my house and bed, me and the boys have opted for a little garden camping adventure.
 
Mine and the boys accommodation for tonight.
 

Brandon was very excited and enjoyed bouncing on the camp beds.

Both boys were ready to go to bed at about 5pm and didn't want dinner or anything. Just camping.

Boys will be boys.........

Picture of our sleeping quarters taken from the top of their climbing frame.

Before settling in for the night in the tent I did successfully manage to talk the boys into going over the Wickford fairground. This year they were charging only £1 for "most" rides if you were wearing a Help The Hero's wrist band (what a great idea). Surprisingly we also managed to get Brandon on all of the big scary adult rides including the twister, waltzer and bounce. Clearly he is another thrill seeker like me and Joshua as he absolutely loved being able to go on big boys rides. 
 
First was twister and the G-forces and weight of the two boys crushed me nicely into my seat.

Brandon was grinning all the way around until they started to make it go backwards!

Joshua and B on a little kids roller coaster.

The caterpillar generated quite a bit of speed for a small ride.

Next the Waltzer, a real nice moment for me as a Dad when I can ride a Walter with both boys, and the ride attendant really got us spinning fast.

Joshua got to ride an adult size bumper car on his own for the first time.

"Wanna come for a ride in my new car?".
Joshua had a real good go in the bumper car but couldn't quite reach the pedal with enough force to keep it going. So fortunately one of the attendants jumped in to help him and then the battles began with me and Brandon. 


A little train ride.

Probably the best ride there was called "Bounce", but me and B renamed it "Bonkers Bounce". It looked very similar to twister except that it lifted you up about 20ft whilst spinning you around and then bounced you up and down. We were a bit naughty on this ride as I completely missed the sign saying each individual child must be accompanied by an adult and that Brandon did not meet the minimum height requirement (woops). So all three of us went on and thoroughly enjoyed getting chucked around from pillar to post. When it started to go backwards I did get a little worried about Brandon's head whipping around and subsequently wrapped my arm around him making a sort of cushioned neck support.

Waiting patiently for Bounce to start.

What a mad ride, it doesn't look much but was really thrilling.

After Bounce Brandon settles back into a ride far more suited to his age and height.

Brandon took the bike and Joshua took the truck.

So the big question - did I successfully knacker out the two boys on their first day of the school holidays. Well I think the picture below says it all. Job done. Sound asleep in the tent.


No comments: