Monday 15 May 2017

Menorca 2017 Day 5 - Binibequer Beach

Day 5 and after a very late night everyone except me seemed really keen to have a good lay in. I was wide awake at 8am and there was no sign of life in our hotel. So as I hadn't trained for 5 days I decided to go for a 5 mile exploratory run along the coastline to try and find some nice spots that we could visit later that day. The early morning run was just stunning as I meandered down this winding sea road taking in some spectacular views. The run wasn't quick but I just didn't want it to end. I found some 18th century fishing huts, some bays, a mini harbour and dive school and then the beautiful Binebequer beach.
 
By the time I had got back from my run everyone was up and ready for breakfast. So decided to spend the rest of the morning in the water park and then after lunch grab a taxi to Binibequer beach which was about 2.6 miles away. So we had a nice big cooked lunch, I think I had two slices of cake and some ice-cream and then two glasses of wine to wash it all down. So we called a taxi with all our beach gear ready only to find that all taxi's in Menorca are only insured for 4 people and would not take a family of 5. So I decided to put Tina and the kids in the taxi and then I ran the 2.5 miles to Binibequer in the midday heat with all that food and wine sloshing around in my stomach!!! It was a strangely slow but enjoyable run.
 
Believe it or not I didn't arrive that much later than Tina and the kids at Binibequer beach. We had an absolutely lovely afternoon and enjoyed a nice drink and an ice-cream on the beach. The highlight however was Joshua getting stung across his hand by a jellyfish whilst snorkeling. There was quite a few jelly fish around so I was sticking with Brandon and watching him as Joshua is a lot more confident and responsible!!! The lifeguard had some special spray which we think was vinegar. Then he advised Josh to stay in the shade for 5 mins and then get back in the sea. To be fair he was in quite some pain for about 2 hours afterwards and still has the marks a week later.
 
 
This was the 17th century fishing hut I discovered on my morning run.

There was some beautiful rock formations with crystal clear water bays.

Just stunning scenery.

A quick selfie as I find Binibequer beach on a morning exploration run.

The beach was on a quiet little bay with crystal clear water and a few sail boats anchored up.

More scenery from my morning run.

Binibequer on the map.

More morning fun at the Splash World as me, Josh, Holly and B enjoy the lazy river.

Brandon in an inflatable ring.

Me, Holly and Josh.

Holly enjoying the little toddler slide, but not enough of a thrill for her.

Well that's a big tortoise.

Brandon looking tanned and cool.

Finally we found a friendly lifeguard that allowed Holly on a larger slide as long as I waited at the bottom.

She absolutely loved it and went up and down about 10 times. Sometimes twisting around and coming down head first!

Me and Joshua catching Holly at the bottom of the water slide.

Holly also loved riding this horse in the water park which cost me a Euro each time.

After lunch we headed to Binibequer  where Joshua went hand to tentacle combat with one of these jelly fish.

Me and the boys off for a snorkel and a game of dodge the jelly fish.

Lots of fish to see, but check out how long those thin tentacles are on the jelly fish. No wonder Joshua got them wrapped around his hand.

More fish and jelly fish.

Putting the jelly fish aside, the beach here is just amazing.

Me, Tina and Holly at Binibequer.

Crystal clear sea water.....

Looking back towards the beach from the refreshment cafe.

Joshua exploring the rocks having not wanted to get back in the sea after his jelly fish sting.

Holly enjoying an ice-cream at the beach.

You can't beat and ice-cream moustache.

The end of a lovely afternoon at a beautiful location in Menorca.

Here you can sting the jelly fish tentacle stings across Joshua's fingers.

The end of another day and time to enjoy the evening entertainment.

No comments: