Friday 4 August 2017

Skater Boy with a Chipped Knee Cap

I would like to think that a am a good role model for the kids and that they strive to either be like me or exceed me. However there is one trait of mine which Joshua seems more than willing to copy me on which we would rather he didn't. That trait is injuring yourself and ended up in A&E during the school summer holidays. I think as I have previously mentioned I was always in A&E during the 6 weeks holiday with sprained ankles etc. Joshua is a proper boys boy and is heading the same way!!! This year he lasted only a week and a half before a trip to A&E was required after taking a fall at a skate park. After a quick x-ray it turns out he has chipped his knee cap and is now on crutches with no sport for 6 weeks.
 
Brandon was a lot more cautious on the skate park and despite having one small fall there was no need for any first aid!

Joshua wore his skater hat which is good, but maybe I need knee, wrist and elbow supports for him (or bubble wrap him in the 6 weeks!).

Joshua was more daring than Brandon but has paid the price.

Both my boys on their scooters at the skate park.

Brandon managing to get both wheels off the ground from a standing position.

Action shot of Josh before getting injured.

Fearless and no hat!!!!!

Brandon getting braver and trying some jumps off of a small platform.

Learning to keep his feet on the scooter and nail the landing.

The skate park ends in disaster and we get home to quickly get some frozen peas on his swelling knee before the first trip to A&E during the summer holiday!!

No comments: