Wednesday 2 August 2017

Summer Holiday Movies

The two boys are at an age now where the movies they want to see at the cinema are definitely more palatable for adult viewing which is great for me. During the school holidays we have been making the most of the half price Tuesdays and the Meerkat Movies to see some of the summer block busters. 
 
Things started really good with the new "Spiderman Homecoming" movie which I thoroughly enjoyed. Then things went down hill last night as I was dragged out to see "Despicable Me 3". Now I am not a big Minion fan at the best of times and haven't really enjoyed the last two films, so I was  probably not the best person to take the boys to this one. I think I fell asleep 3 times in all only to be rudely awoken by the boys elbowing me. This film was absolute tosh and a complete waste of 2 hours of my life which I will never get back. The boys however really enjoyed it and think it was the best movie of the 3 so far, so I guess that's all that matters.
 
So with two movies down the next on the boys agenda looks like it is going downhill even further - if that is even possible. Oh yes, they want to watch the EMOJI movie that comes out at the end of the month. I think I'll have to bail on this one and let someone else take them!!!!
 

 
Summer holiday cinema trips started on a high with Spiderman Homecoming,

Then went rapidly downhill with this tosh!
 
But the boys enjoyed Despicable Me 3 and thought it was the best Minion film to date.
 
Next on the agenda is the EMOJI movie - I am not holding out much hope on this one. Nap time.....

No comments: