Saturday 22 March 2014

1st Airfix Kit

Firstly I have some really bad news to report. Joshua and Brandon have discovered the joys of Toby! When I say Toby I mean they have tasted Mr Lerone which is very unfortunate for me as that as Tobalerone has $$always been  Daddy's sweet! I have tried telling them it is man's chocolate, however they both absolutely love it and as such I now have to "share the love" with them both. So thats my man crisps (McCoys), man chocolate bar (Yorkie) and man sweet (Tebalerone) which I have to share with the boys. At least I can keep the Guinness to myself for a few more years!!!
 
Secondly, earlier this week we picked up our new Galaxy and this one has the built in Sat Nav which includes the rear view parking camera. This is a great little feature to have on the car and the boys find it most amusing to stand behind the back of the car pulling funny faces and mooning at the camera!!!
 
Brandon pulls a face into the rear view parking camera.
Joshua learning bad habits to lay behind a car to get on the camera.
That's one mean, angry Brandon. Maybe I nicked his parking space and he is after me.
And an angry Joshua as well.
Thirdly and finally for today's blog I am proud to say that Joshua has started his first ever Airfix kit. With all the modern Ipads, computers, Wii's etc it seems some of the good old classic toys like Mecanno and Airfix kits are forgotten. Making up airfix kits was an important part of my youth and I seem to recall getting very excited each birthday as I always knew I would be getting a new one to make. So it was a great pleasure for me to sit down with Joshua for half an hour tonight and get cracking on his first ever model. So far we only have about 50% of it built and then we have got to do the water transfers and paint.  

 
Joshua showing the fuselage of his first ever Airfix plane he is building.

Following the detailed instructions and getting the next piece of the model ready.

Trusting Joshua with a sharp knife to cut a piece of the model out.
So many good skills to be learnt about doing Airfix kits. Lets hope this is the start of a new little hobby for Joshua and hopefully Brandon in time.

1 comment:

Nicky xxx said...

As much as the boys enjoyed playing up to the camera, I trust that you warned them about the dangers of being behind a car. Good luck with the Airfix kit, looking good so far xxx