Tuesday 11 March 2014

Peeping Josh!

Uh oh! A phone call from the school yesterday and it appears Joshua has been a naughty boy at playtime. Apparently he was caught laying under the climbing frame during his lunch break and looking up the girls skirts to see what colour underwear they had on!!!!! The school have come down quite hard on him and taken away his playtime during breaks today and are also making him write letters to the girls he has offended. I guess he is just being a boy as I am sure we all remember playing kiss chase and lifting up girls skirts at school. To me this doesn’t sound like typical behaviour of Joshua though and we believe he was being led astray by someone else (no names mentioned). However it appears that the other culprit was smart enough to not get caught unlike Joshua.

I tried talking to him about it last night but he seemed unwilling to say too much and knew he was in trouble. I have not punished him because I feel the school have probably gone over the top anyway so basically I told him to make sure he goes to school today and apologises to his teacher and explains that he knows he did wrong. Part of me want to give him a pat on the back and say “That’s my boy” with a huge sigh of relief that he is looking up girls skirts and not down boys trousers. But then the other side of me realises he needs to understand boundaries of personal privacy and that sort of behaviour is not tolerated in society. I guess we are in for an interesting parents evening this Wednesday as his teacher seems to have it in for him right now.


On a slightly different subject I was driving Joshua back from Beavers last night (ironic he was at Beavers on a day when he had been looking up girls skirts) and he asked if I was cycling to work the next day. I told him yes and he got all sad and told me he didn’t want me to cycle. When I asked why he told me it was because I get home from work later when I cycle. It almost brought a little tear to my eye to know he values his time with Dad of an evening and that he has realised it takes me longer to get home when I cycle to work.

No comments: