Wednesday 11 June 2014

Fathers Day Breakfast and Lunch

The boys school were today having some early celebrations for Fathers day by inviting the Dad's into the school to have breakfast and lunch with their children. I am sure my school never used to do things like this! Previously we have joined the kids for lunch, but having breakfast as well was a first. Of course it meant taking the day off of work otherwise I would have been yo-yo'ing between Chelmsford and Wickford all day long.
 
Breakfast was a bacon or sausage roll with a cup of tea. Very nice indeed. Joshua had sausage and me and Brandon had bacon. Joshua being the messy pup he is spilt tomato sauce all down his nice yellow school shirt. Then it was back at 11:45 for lunch where I had Coronation chicken jacket potato with salad and then vanilla ice cream for pudding. The boys had beans and cheese jackets, although Joshua did try the Coronation chicken and said it was a bit spicy but nice.

 
Breakfast time at school as me and my boys enjot sausage and bacon rolls.

The tables were decorated with nice Fathers Day balloons.

Obviously this balloon was specifically put on my table.

Back for lunch and Joshua wiped his plate clean in not time at all. Then he was worried about whether he would lose any playtime waiting for Brandon.

Brandon took longer but he did eat all his JP (except the skin) and his salad and ice cream.

Me and my boys enjoying a school dinner.
So today has been focused around early Fathers Day celebrations yet there was a much bigger occasion to celebrate - namely Tina's 41st. Joshua woke early as usual and was excited to come downstairs and give Mummy her card a present. Tina's main present this year was a new food mixer which is actually a wise purchase by me and the boys as it means we get more caked made for us. So whilst Tina was trying out her new food mixer this afternoon, I got the paddling pool out for the kids and spent some time playing in the garden. I let Holly sit on the grass for the first time and she was very inquisitive in touching it and trying to grab at blades of grass. 

Holly sitting up lovely and exploring the grass for the first time.

"Share the love Dad!".

1 comment:

Nicky xxx said...

What a lovely idea, our school doesn't do anything like that.
Hope Tina had a fab birthday and love the piccies of Holly xxx