Friday 6 June 2014

Holly's Passport Picture


Just over 7 weeks now until our holiday and Holly's first trip abroad and Tina is getting a little bit nervous that the little girl still does not have her passport. Earlier this week we got a letter back from Her Majesty's Passport Office saying we had sent the wrong birth certificate and that her photo was rejected. They didn't tell us why the photo was rejected which was no help at all and thus I ended up calling them to get more details. After being left on hold for nearly 30 mins I finally get through to someone who tells me her photo shows too much body and not enough head. I told them I had used an approved passport photo booth with her eyes aligned exactly where they were supposed to be - can I help it if her head is small and doesn't fill the picture???? I told them that short of her levitating closer to the screen (as the chair doesn't move in that direction) there is no way of me getting a better picture. The ironic thing is that the passport guidelines clearly state that for babies they are much more lenient with pictures and accept that eyes don't need to be open, head might not be looking straight at the camera, car chair or hand support may be visible etc.etc. Anyway they advised me to find a professional photographer than can take a suitable picture on a neutral background showing more head and less body. So here it is, hopefully this will get approved and Holly will get her passport in time for holiday.

2nd attempt at Holly's pass port photo - lets hope this one gets approved.

1 comment:

Nicky xxx said...

Can't believe that they expect that much. Bless her, she looks so serious xxx