Saturday 23 August 2014

Cyprus Holiday Day 8 - Fun Fair


Remarkably I didn't train once during our vacation to Cyprus this year. As always I took my running stuff with me, plus the gym had a hotel, but to be honest I had so many little niggles and injuries and was having such a good time with the family that I didn't really want to train anyway. The rest done me now good at all as I have lost no end of fitness and worse of all is that all the little injuries and niggles were still there when I got back. Anyway on Day 8 I got the only bit of exercise all holiday when we got back from lunch and the two boys asked me to take them for a run. Yeh great idea at 2pm when its nearly 40 degrees outside!
 
Anyway we ran about a mile or so down the beach front all the way to the Aya Napa fun fair. The boys got so hot they really wanted to jump in the sea but instead they settled for cooling down in some nearby hotel sprinklers!.
 

Josh and Brandon having a run along the beach to the fun fair.
Joshua pulls a Usain bolt pose and Brandon's arms come up for a mobot.
Brandon cooling down with a nice cool garden sprinkler!

And Joshua cooling down.

Anybody would think Brandon was using this as a bidet.
A nice picture of me and my beautiful daughter.
 In the evening we all took a walk along the main strip to get to the fun fair that me and the boys had taken a run too earlier in the day. Along the way there was some interesting themed restaurants ranging from Flintstones to Moo Moo to Jungle themed.

Joshua and Brandon outside the Moo Moo restaurant. Brandon wearing the cap that his late Nanny got him.

The first ride the boys went on was a child's caterpillar roller coaster. Gradually the rides got more extreme and I got dragged on with them.

Brandon having fun on the water bumper boats.

Joshua quickly getting to grips with the control of the bumper boats and then hunting his brother down.

Let the battle commence as the bumper boat battle starts.

Easy rider as Joshua and Brandon line up for a race on some motorbikes.

Joshua talked me into taking him on this rather extreme spinning roller coaster. What have you got me in too?

Can you imagine speeding around this whilst spinning around and around.

Thank god that ride is nearly over and we are nearing the bottom.

But then Brandon took me on this Bounce ride. It doesn't look much but boy did it bounce you around and going backwards was a bit stomach churning.

Brandon whizzing himself around in a teacup.
The boys have really been enjoying their Slushies this holiday and it is costing me a small fortune. The funfair was no different as they bought these rather sickly, very sweet, multi flavoured Slushies. Joshua's was about 60% coke flavour. 

Giant size Slushies to keep the boys cool and refreshed on the way home.
We made it back to the hotel just in time for the evening show where the head of the entertainment team, Anis, was performing his fire eating show and his bed of nails show. The boys were both fascinated by his acts of bravery and insanity. Not sure it was a good idea letting them watch Anis laying on a load of broken glass with someone then standing on top of him! 

Anis performing his fire eating show.
Day 9 next and Joshua gets to go on stage to perform some magic.

No comments: